Monday, October 11, 2010

Procrastination!


So tonight I couldn't focus.....I'm typing about how I can't focus and I'm supposed to be focusing on writing about other people's blogs...Oh well. I can't focus. I couldn't focus earlier so I went to penguin like an hour before they close to get some gelato (Penguin closes at 10:00 pm on weekends). Ha ha I typed that as if I was going to tell you they were closed but I actually did get some gelato. Man it's really weird that I'm being so honest with my posts in this blog (especially since I haven't been posting). I feel sorry for the person who writes about my blog...wait...maybe I'm sorry for myself because it would be really easy for someone to critique this blog. Hell I'll critique it right now. NOT ENOUGH POSTS. That might not be long enough to turn in. Oh well. Anyway. I was eating gelato and drawing people eating their gelato when I realized that gelato is DELICIOUS! I just finished my drawing when the girl at the counter said, "thanks for coming to penguin :)" which had a totally different subtext which I am not sure about typing in my class blog. So I left penguin so they could close or whatever and wandered around downtown San Jose looking for random bits of "story moments" to sketch for my BFA class assignment. Story moments are just drawing of people that indicate that something is happening instead of just drawing a static pose. Well a few things "happened" that I was privileged enough to capture. I was sitting in front of Jonny Rockets on a bench where there is a freight loading zone right in front. I got to see a homeless man wrestle with a garbage can then stare at it scoldingly. Then as I was drawing an old VW van stopped right in the freight loading zone. The driver rummaged in the back for a couple minutes then slid the back door open and flopped out the back of his van with a surf board in one hand and a leash hooked to a tiny black chihuahua in the other. Then the man just walked away...weird. I drew a picture of him and his little dog. All in all I think it was really interesting and silly, but it didn't write my blog critique for me. OH shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment